MUMBAI: Mumbai University was formed by the British in 1857. It is one of the oldest Indian University. These universities were modeled on some of the famous Universities of England in those times. During the past 150 years of its existence, Mumbai University has carved out its own status and goodwill.
It is now being considered as one of the best Indian University. Students from India & Overseas take admissions and are studying in Mumbai University.
Mumbai University offers various courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, Technical Education, Medical and other streams. Mumbai University has 711 affiliate colleges. It has a large number of students rolled into various courses. Nearly six lakh students study in Mumbai University directly or through its affiliate colleges.
There are many popular and well known courses offered by Mumbai University. However, there are many courses offered and being taught by it which are not very popular & known amongst students or parents.
Mumbai University offers 197 courses, in Arts faculty.
Following are some courses which common students and parents may not know about:
* Bachelor in Heritage Management
* M.A. in Numismatics and Archaeology degree Course
* Diploma in Yogic Education
* G-Tech 360 Degrees Certificate Course
* Certificate Course in Therapeutic skills for the Helping Professions
* Social Work Certificate for Senior Citizens
* Certificate Course in Social Perspectives in Disaster Management
* Certificate Course in Disaster Counseling
* Certificate Course in Tennis Administration and Diploma Course in Tennis Training and Administration for Coaches
* Certificate Course in Sound and Film Editing
* Certificate Course in “Peace Education”
* Certificate Course in Puppetry
* Diploma in Epigraphy
* Diploma in Indian Numismatics
* Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Human Rights
* Post-Graduate Diploma in Philosophy of Communal Harmony and Social Peace
* Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Slums Studies and Development (DCSSD)
* Post-Graduate Diploma in Film Lekhan
* Post-Graduate Diploma Course in Museology and Conservation
* Post-Graduate Advanced Diploma Course in Comparative Mythology
* Post Graduate Diploma Course in Mysticism
* Certificate Course in Manuscriptology
* Certificate Course in Astronomy and Astrophysics
* Certificate Course in Peace Education
* Certificate Course in Medical Attendant
* Certificate Course in Radio Jockeying