NEW DELHI: RBI on Friday, August 25 2017, will issue new Rs.200 currency notes which will be distributed through select RBI offices and several banks. Following are 9 important facts about the newly issued Rs.200 currency notes:
1. SIZE OF NEW NOTES
Height of these Rs.200 notes will be same as that of Rs.500 notes, which were issued after demonetization. However only width will be less in Rs.200 notes. RBI sources said that new Rs.200 notes will be of the size 66mmx146mm.
2. COLOUR OF NEW NOTES
RBI sources informed that the base color of new Rs.200 currency note is bright yellow, which will let you remember the old and discontinued Rs.2 currency note.
3. These new currency notes will be in the Mahatma Gandhi new series.
4. These notes will bear the signature of RBI Governor Dr. Urjit R Patel.
5 The new denomination has Motif Of Sanchi Stupa at the back, which RBI in a press note said as the symbol and depiction of country’s rich heritage.
6. It is said that currency has reached 84 % of pre demonetization level, but these notes are issued to plug in the liquidity issue and reducing the burden from Rs.100 currency notes.
7. A distinct feature of the new Rs.200 currency note is intaglio or raised printing of Mahatama Gandhi’s portrait for visually impaired individual as also Ashoka pillar emblem, raised identification mark H with micro text 200, four angular bleed lines with two circles in between the lines both on right and left sides.
8. On the reverse of the note, year of printing of the note is on left side. There is Swachh Bharat logo with slogan apart from a language panel. The back-side of the note also has denominational numeral 200 written in Devnagiri Dimension.
9. On front side, there is see through register with denominational numerical 200, latent image with denominational numerical 200, micro letters RBI (BHARAT in devnagiri), INDIA and 200 windowed security thread color of which changes from green to blue when the note is tilted.